Top 10 most frequently cited OSHA standards violated in the 2012 fiscal year:
- Scaffolding, general requirements
- Fall protection
- Hazard communication standard
- Respiratory protection
- Control of hazardous energy (lockout/tagout)
- Electrical, wiring methods, components and equipment
- Powered industrial trucks
- Electrical systems design, general requirements
- Machine guarding
During construction, the following steps should be taken on your project site:
- Perform risk assessment and routine safety compliance inspections by the designated safety director.
- Conduct monthly safety talks on a relevant topic.
- Use personal and protective equipment (PPE), including hard hats, steel toe boots, ear plugs, reflective vests, safety glasses, gloves, and respiratory devices, worn by project team members as shown below.
Pictured: Wessler’s in-house Safety Director, Andrew D. Gordon, P.E., C.F.M.